1. Tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Linda Herman. My husband and I moved to Florida from Chicago 4 years ago. We have 3 grown children in which 2 practice yoga also. I do accounting from home for the company I worked for in Chicago. I enjoy being active – running, swimming, weightlifting and now yoga!
2. Have you done other styles of Yoga other than Thavma Yoga?
I have done yoga sporadically in the past but Thavma is my first hot yoga studio. The heat makes such a difference!
3. What made you decide to take your first Thavma Yoga Class?
I started at Thavma when my kids gifted me 2 months of hot yoga for Mother’s Day. Great gift!
4. What made you choose Thavma Yoga as a Studio?
I needed something for my neck and back pain, so I decided to give it a try.
5. What was your first Hot yoga experience like?
I work out regularly, but I found my first hot yoga class to be a great challenge for not leaving a 2×6 foot space. After my second class, I no longer had the neck pain that had been waking me every night for months.
6. What makes you come back?
I come back to yoga for all the benefits it has provided me. I feel stronger, more flexible and more energetic.
7. How long have you been practicing?
I have been practicing at Thavma since June. I try to come to 3 classes a week.
8. What changes have you seen since you began the practice?
Yoga has helped my joints and my posture, as well as improving my bloodwork numbers and dropping a few pounds. 😊
9. Where have you seen that it helps you?
Yoga has helped with my running. I don’t feel so sore after a long run.
10. What is your favorite pose?
The Rabbit was my first favorite pose because it helped with my neck pain so much. But now I love Fixed Firm. It took me a while to master this pose but now I love it for the flexibility it has given me in my knees and quads.
11. What is your least favorite pose?
Camel is probably my least favorite pose, but I am always happy when I am able to get through it.
12. What do you like most about Thavma Yoga?
The instructors at Thavma are so welcoming and knowledgeable. With every instructor, I learn something new.
13. Tell us anything else interesting that you feel you have gained or learned since starting Thavma Yoga.
Since starting hot yoga, I realize just how many aches and pains I had before yoga. I feel so much better physically and thus mentally now. It’s crazy that an hour of Bikram yoga can make such a difference in your day!