1. Tell us a little about yourself.
“I like Pina Coladas!!!! And getting caught in the rain!!! Lol J/K…
I’m 43, I have 2 kids. I grew up in South Texas, lived in Seattle for a few years and in Denver for a few years. I’ve been in Sarasota for 26 years now. Living a healthy lifestyle has always been important to me. My biggest loves are music, fitness, family & friends & helping others.
2. Have you done other styles of Yoga other than Thavma Yoga?
Years ago I did a couple hot classes in Sarasota but it didn’t stick with me at the time, My real journey into yoga started at Thavma.
3. What made you decide to take your first yoga class?
An invitation from a friend coupled with changing personal circumstances moved me to try it out.
4. What made you choose Thavma Premium Hot Yoga Sarasota as a Studio?
I was first introduced to Thavma through Liz at Scorch Fitness. Then a friend Bill Delorenzo invited me to join him. Once I did I was hooked.
5. What was your first Yoga experience at Thavma Premium Hot Yoga like?
I was actually surprised that it was as challenging as it is. After my first class I was exhausted, and instantly in love with the method.
6. What makes you come back?
I have so much more to learn and experience. I have appreciated the continued growth, increased flexibility and strength as well as healing & cleansing physical and emotionally. Also, I love the friends and family environment I’ve experienced at Thavma.
7. How long have you been practicing?
Close to a year.
8. What changes have you seen since you began the practice?
Yoga has definitely helped me feel stronger physically and mentally. I think it has also helped me trim down in weight as well.
9. Where have you seen that yoga helps you in your day to day life?
It helps me stay more focused. I like the cleansing affect I get from it. I feel like it is helping me stay in tune with my health goals and overall clarity.
10. What is your favorite pose?
During 26/2 my favorite pose right now is Tree.
11. What is your least favorite pose?
Right now my least favorite is Locust….now you know what I need to work on…lol
12. What do you like most about Thavma Premium Hot Yoga Sarasota?
I love sweating it out and leaving it all there on the floor, cleansing myself of physical and emotional toxins.
13. Tell us anything else interesting that you feel you have gained or learned since starting yoga with us?
I appreciate the increased ability to control my heart rate through breathing(endurance), which obviously translates into more control and balance in all other areas of life. Also, I didn’t know I could sweat that much in such a short amount of time!!! Lol