1. Tell us a little about yourself.
I’m originally from Virginia and I moved to Florida in 2016. I love animals and I’m passionate about animal health care. I’ve been working in the veterinary industry since 2002. In addition to yoga, I enjoy paddle boarding and good wine.
2. Have you done other styles of Yoga other than Thavma Yoga?
Yes. I started practicing Hatha yoga when I was 16 years old. My mom found a local instructor and we went together. In fact, I did my senior project on the benefits of yoga in 1997.
3. What made you decide to take your first yoga class?
Stress! I used to get terrible stress headaches and yoga helped reduce the frequency.
4. What made you choose Thavma Premium Hot Yoga Lakewood Ranch as a Studio?
I had taken a few hot yoga classes when living in Clearwater which I enjoyed so when we moved to this area I was looking for a new studio.
5. What was your first Yoga experience at Thavma Premium Hot Yoga like?
Great! One of the things that really stood out to me was how well the instructor explained the proper way to enter into and out of poses.
6. What makes you come back?
Very comfortable and friendly atmosphere. Also, continuing to challenge myself.
7. How long have you been practicing?
On and off over the past 25 years. Wow, that makes me feel a bit old….
8. What changes have you seen since you began the practice?
Since joining Thavma (the second time around) my body feels cleaner and I have more energy. It’s amazing how I can go into a class (any class feeling tired, groggy) but feel rejuvenated after class. No matter what time of the day, it makes me feel like I’ve hit a reset button on my body.
9. Where have you seen that yoga helps you in your day to day life?
More energy and more in tune with my body.
10. What is your favorite pose?
Just one?! I’d have to say half tortoise. Feels amazing on my tight shoulder blades.
11. What is your least favorite pose?
Camel. This pose makes me anxious.
12. What do you like most about Thavma Premium Hot Yoga LWR?
Convenient location, clean studio, great instructors with a friendly and comfortable atmosphere.
13. Tell us anything else interesting that you feel you have gained or learned since starting yoga with us?
In your studio, I feel like I can finally slow down for at least 60-90 minutes. Everything I’m juggling can wait and I can fully be in the present moment connecting with my body. Yoga is truly just as mentally beneficial as it is physically.