Thavma Yoga is committed to providing a safe workspace for our team and clients. With that in mind, we’ve built this Studio Safety Protocol due to the Covid-19 pandemic. As our business re-opens to the public, we want to ensure not only the safety of our clients but the safety of the greater community that every person entering our studio will come into contact with. Every client is expected to take part in implementing and complying with these measures.
Our clients are the core of our business and we’re incredibly serious about protecting the health of each and every one of them. We have built our Studio Safety Protocol with experts including concerns our team has brought before us so that they may feel completely comfortable working out and practicing in our studio.
Our Studio Safety Protocol follows the CDC, state, and local health guidelines and HIPAA in relation to Covid-19.
The Studio Safety Protocol includes:
- Health Protocol
- Hygiene Protocol
- Sanitation Protocol
- Social Distancing Protocol
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness.
People with these symptoms or combinations of symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Or at least two of these symptoms:
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
All clients should self-monitor for these symptoms. If you have any of these symptoms, immediately contact your doctor.
The following procedures are being implemented to ensure that healthy clients are entering the studio and so that clients may report when they are ill or experiencing symptoms.
Before entering the studio for their first class or session after COVID-19, clients will be required to sign a Studio Safety Protocol Plan and waiver.
Everyone must adhere to Manatee/Sarasota County recommendation of wearing a face mask, face buff, scarf, and bandanna when outside the home. Additionally, this studio requires the use of gloves and masks for those who feel any uncertainties about their susceptibility to covid-19.
We would like to ensure to you that on our part we are taking precautions and Thavma leaders will be taking their temperatures before coming to studio. If their temperature is above set standard temperature we will get another instructor to lead class or cancel your session.
If you see symptoms of Covid-19 See below for standards of when you may return to the studio.
- If a client shows any symptoms of Covid-19 or tests positive for Covid-19 within 14 days of attending the studio, the client should immediately contact email@example.com.
- Studio manager will review whom the client has had contact with at the studio in the prior 14 days leading up to going into isolation from the studio. This will include all clients and team members that the team member has had close contact with (close contact being within 6 feet for at least 5 minutes) as well as what areas of the studio and equipment the team member had touched or been in.
- If you have been in close contact (per the above definition) with an affected client who tests positive for Covid-19 within their isolation period, you will be notified via email and phone call. Per the CDC guidelines, remain in isolation for 14 days and self-monitor for symptoms. Seek medical attention should you develop any symptoms.
- We are implementing policies to protect all team members’ and client’s health details and conditions. When notifying people who have had close contact with an affected team member, the identity and condition of the client will not be shared.
- All clients who show symptoms may not re-enter the studio until at least 72 hours have passed since the resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications, and improvement in respiratory symptoms such as shortness of breath or cough, and at least 7 days have passed since symptoms began.
- All clients should practice social distancing by deliberately increasing the physical space between you and other people to at least six feet wherever possible.
All clients must implement good hygiene and infection control practices. These include:
- Frequently wash hands: Clients are instructed to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water at the beginning of their session and after using the restroom.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Use respiratory etiquette: Cover your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing with a sleeve or tissue. Wash your hands following coughing and sneezing and dispose of tissues in the trash. Avoid touching your face when coughing and sneezing. This etiquette will be demonstrated on signage and supported by making tissues and touch-free trash receptacles available to all employees and clients. Thavma Yoga II and Thavma Yoga III LLC will provide hand sanitizer stations throughout the studio to further assist in this.
- Do not handle clients’ belongings including phones and personal equipment.
Our studio has a hospital grade HVAC system technology to trap up to 95% of pathogens down to .30 micron in size, that uses an electrical charge to kill or inactive them. We will provide daily sanitation and housekeeping as normal, with additional cleanings and disinfection measures in between all sessions.
- The studio for the time being will not be providing mats/towels/blocks/straps for clients to rent or borrow. Clients may purchase an inexpensive mat/block/strap from studio at the time of session but may not leave this mat at the studio.
- The studio will have small equipment bundles for sale or rent during this time of increased sanitation.
- Certain small equipment, blocks, straps and towels, will not be available for use.
- If a worker is diagnosed with Covid-19, the studio will be shut down for 12 hours and a complete deep clean of the entire space will be performed.
- Locker rooms, break areas, and lounge areas are temporarily closed until further notice.
- Restrooms should be wiped down following each use.
- If restrooms have stalls, they are now single use restrooms. Only one person at a time can enter.
- In between each session, all equipment used will be disinfected. Each client will have 5 minutes following the end of the session to disinfect their equipment. The studio will be closed for 20 minutes between sessions for thorough additional disinfecting. We have chosen cleaning products based on recommendations from the CDC and EPA. Products with EPA-approved emerging viral pathogens claims are expected to be effective against SARS-CoV-2 based on data for harder to kill viruses.
Social Distancing Protocol:
The studio will observe social distancing protocol to ensure close contact (contact of less than 6’) is limited.
- Only clients who have pre-scheduled appointments or classes will be allowed to enter the facility.
- All people will enter through a single entrance, one at a time. Check-in will be contactless.
- Cubbies are available.
- Clients will enter the fitness room one at a time.
- Places for each client will be delineated by marked space. For example, the floor will be taped where each mat will be placed or where each client will workout.
- If equipment is needed for each client. That equipment will be left in the same place following the session to be collected and disinfected by a staff member.
- No hands-on cue will be used during the session. All cues will be verbal or visual. The instructor, teacher or trainer will maintain a 6’ or greater distance from the client.
- When the session ends, a staff member will distribute cleaning supplies. Cleaning supplies will not be shared. The client will clean their equipment and leave one at a time from the studio.
- Communal spaces for team members and clients including locker rooms, break areas, and lounge areas are temporarily closed until further notice
- All people should practice social distancing by deliberately increasing the space between people to greater than 6’.
Late Cancellations, Freezes, Cancellations, Payments and Refunds:
In light of Covid-19 all packages, sessions, and memberships, we are updating our late cancellations, freezes, cancellations, payments and refunds.
Because of limited capacity, late cancellations and no-show fees will be strictly enforced. If one cancelation because client is ill with covid-19 with doctor documentation we will discuss waiving the fee one time, the studio will request emailed documentation to confirm the reason for late cancellation. Please note: If you show any signs or symptoms of Covid-19, please review the Client Section for when you can schedule your next session.
All packages, sessions and memberships may be requested to freeze for up to 14 days if a client is ill, diagnosed or has been exposed to Covid-19 or up until at least 72 hours have passed since the resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications, and improvement in respiratory symptoms such as shortness of breath or cough, and at least 7 days have passed since symptoms began.
Standard cancellation policies apply.
Refunds: No refunds will be provided for memberships, packages or classes. If a client is ill, diagnosed or has been exposed to Covid-19, the studio will extend the expiration date of a class package up to 14 days upon doctors documentation to confirm the reason. This may be extended based on the individual client’s situation. If a client is ill, diagnosed or has been exposed to Covid-19, the studio will allow for a freeze of up to 14 days. This may be extended based on the individual client’s situation. There are no refunds for individual sessions. There are no refunds for unused sessions.
Original Post: 3-17-2020
The safety of our ThaVma Family and surrounding community is of the utmost importance to us. Therefore, we have made the difficult decision to temporarily close both studios beginning at 1 pm, March 17th. The studios will remain closed until further notice.
However, we want to make sure all of our current members can stay on top of their yoga practice. This is why we are happy to announce the ThaVma Cloud streaming service will be launching soon.
Please watch the video for more details.
Now, more then ever, it is important for us all to stay united, healthy, full of love and compassion.