Thavma is a combination of the first letters of our names Thano and Marina . The –V- with the flame in the center, stands for Vikrum in Sanskrit which is for Victory. The Flame, on the top symbolizing the heat we use at the Thavma Yoga studio.
In Greek, Thavma means; “miracle”, and its exactly what I have experienced after doing 20 years of Hatha yoga. After walking out of a Thavma Yoga class, a true victory is accomplished and miracles begin to happen.
It is our intention to provide a space that nurtures and supports you on your journey of life changing experiences and good health.
Thavma Yoga is passionately committed to bringing the healing benefits of Thavma Yoga to everyone.
Thavma Yoga, is like no other Yoga studio in the state. Centered on its signature theme of Contemporary Asian décor, breaking the mold of interior design aesthetics in Florida. The studio is the imaginative creation of Thano Bourantonis an Interior designer from Europe.
Upon entering Thavma Yoga, you are immediately transported to a tranquil oasis met with a spacious reception area designed with comfortable seating. A wide selection of Yoga hard-ware and accessories dominates one corner of the waiting area, with a colorful array of the latest yoga mats and towels to sport in your next class.
To replenish you after or before your work out, you can enjoy your choice of Refreshing drinks chilled from our refrigerators.
The studios Asian Contemporary style continues on to the men’s and women’s locker rooms equipped with showers, to the state of the art heated Yoga room all of which are sleekly designed to make you feel as if you stepped into a spa.
Signature delights will be offered to all clients of Thavma Yoga, that will stimulate all your senses! Providing the ambiance needed to take away the stresses of your daily life.
In order to maintain harmony and to preserve the environment, we ask that you read and abide by the following studio policies:
- All classes are 60 to 90 minutes long; please plan to stay in class the entire time.
- Please sign in at front desk before entering yoga room.
- The studio will be open 45 minutes prior to and close 45 minutes after each class.
- First time students must arrive 20 minutes prior to class in order to fill out registration paperwork, or fill out online and bring in when you com.
- Leave shoes outside the yoga room.
- Please be on time. Yoga is a discipline; latecomers will not be admitted. We allow a few minutes grace period before the doors will be closed for class.
- Place bags and extra clothing items in the locker room or cubbies.
- All students must use a mat and towel.
- Always leave the yoga room quietly and allow your fellow students to enjoy their final relaxation (Savasana) at the end of class.
- Please place all Thavma Yoga towels and mats in the laundry baskets provided.